My True Ghost Story


From: Ray (A27bub@aol.com)

This happened around 1979 or 80 in Hazlet, N.J. My girlfriend at the time and I would sit in the downstairs area of her parents house and watch TV. I would often get the feeling that there was someone watching us, but of course, when you'd turn around there was no one there. I'd sometimes get a glimpse of wispy smoke, but as my girlfriend smoked, I wrote it off as seeing cigarette smoke drifting behind us. The downstairs basically had a living room area, with the TV against the side wall, and a sofa in the middle of the room where we sat. Behind that was a wet bar. That's where I'd look when I'd get the feeling of being watched. To the left of the bar was a hallway with a bathroom on the right and a laundry room at the end.

One night I came out of the bathroom, turned right and started to walk down the hallway. To my surprise, there was the smoky form of a girl standing there. I could look right through her and see my girlfriend sitting there watching TV totally clueless about the girl 'standing' behind her. As I continued to walk down the hallway, I got a good look at the young lady. She was a teenager with long hair and a long dress that seemed to dissolve as it reached the floor. Then I noticed not only didn't she have any feet, but she actually hovered about a foot or so off the floor. I looked back up at her face and I saw she had quite a surprised look on her face. At the same time I had quite a surprised look on MY face.

While my mind struggled to absorb what I was seeing, and as I continued down the hallway she very quickly 'floated' toward me. I realized she was heading for the laundry room behind me. She was in such a hurry to get back to the 'safety' of her hiding place, she actually passed RIGHT THROUGH ME!! I didn't feel anything as she passed through, except sort of a momentary pause even though I continued walking. I immediately got goose bumps and shuddered as if to 'shake her off'.

Even though the whole experience was years ago and must have taken only a matter of seconds, it is burned into my mind as if it was yesterday. It is something I'll never forget. My girlfriend didn't see or hear anything unusual. I never saw the ghost again, though the feeling of being watched continued. Strangely enough, I may have a picture of her. I have included a photo of a friend surrounded by smoke. It was taken at a Halloween party at the house. No one was smoking at the time.

As a follow up, months later at a dinner party her sister took me aside and said, "So you saw the girl, too?
Listen, if you ever tell anyone I said this, I'll deny it and make you look like a fool, but that's why I moved out. She would watch me as I slept and I couldn't stand being watched any more."

I also understand that there was an unsolved murder of a young girl in Hazlet in 1969 that was recently solved. I don't know if it was the ghost of that girl I saw or not or if it was near the site of that house at all. The family had the house built for them so the grounds were woods before the home was there.

Well, that's one of my ghost stories and I'm sticking with it.

Brief Description of the Attached Picture:

I was looking at the pic and I found 3 distinct shapes in the smoke.

Now bear with me. Look at the overalls, there is what I call a "wolfman" face. If you find the 2 bright buttons and follow them down, there is a dark area that make up the eyes. The nose and mouth are where you would expect to see them.

Now look to the left on the other guy's shirt. Find the pocket where the button is lit up. Here is where I found a skull. The bright dot is where the eyes meet the nose. You can see the roundness of the top of the head. And possibly a set of teeth below. The pocket makes up the eyes.

Now here's a cool one. How about the shape to the right of the guy "fending off" the smoke. Start by the guy's ear and follow across to the right. This brings you to the first dark almond shaped eye of ... you guessed it, an ALIEN head! It is kind of leaning to the left a bit. You can see both dark eyes and the distinct large top of head with a tiny jaw. The dark nose and light shoulders are visible also.

That's what I saw, any other comments? Funny, I never noticed that stuff until I saw it on the computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment